Why implementing a SCADA System?
SCADA or “Supervisory Control And Data Acquisition” is a technology that enables the operator to receive information from remote equipment (valves, sensors, pumps, etc.) and to transmit a limited set of instructions to them, in order to monitor and control technological processes.
Description of the proposed solution
The structure of SCADA systems is hierarchical, organized on the following levels:
1. The level of measurement and intervention includes:
- Measuring instruments with analogue outputs or different communication protocols, for: electricity, heat, steam, methane; compressed air; treated water/wastewater; pressures, temperatures, humidity.
- Retrieving equipment states: Digital inputs (NO, NC contacts).
- Drive and automation: drivers with electric drive (frequency converter, soft-starter, wye-delta modules); control elements (solenoid valve, valve, switch, etc.); process control (PLC, modules DI / AI / DO / AO, HMI)
2. Data acquisition level includes:
- RTU (remote terminal unit)
- Data transmission infrastructure
3. The level of monitoring and control includes:
- Computers, monitors, drives, intelligent process control modules.
- Dispatch software components with the following features:
– Hierarchic access of users to the graphical interface based on user name and password;
– View graphic displays and synoptic schemes;
– Monitoring and control of remote technological processes;
– Action timetable which enables the definition and execution of some actions with a single or repetitive cycle;
– Archiving the monitored parameters on a working local station or on a server in cloud provided with back-up elements to avoid data loss;
– Configuring and transmitting the operation alarms in real time on priority levels, that can be confirmed, deleted, archived and modified;
– Generating reports automatically or on demand (use, orders, damages, etc.).
Your benefits after implementing a SCADA system:
Stable industrial solution and rapid technical support.
Flexibility in the further development of the system.
Centralized or remote control and monitoring.
Provides users an easy mode of operation.
Rapid diagnosis of alarms and damages.
Preventive maintenance (proactive).
Optimizing use/operating costs.
Increases the life span of equipment and machinery by proper operation (automatic operating mode).
Varokub Energy Development