Why implementing a SCADA System?
Description of the proposed solution
1. The level of measurement and intervention includes:
- Measuring instruments with analogue outputs or different communication protocols, for: electricity, heat, steam, methane; compressed air; treated water/wastewater; pressures, temperatures, humidity.
- Retrieving equipment states: Digital inputs (NO, NC contacts).
- Drive and automation: drivers with electric drive (frequency converter, soft-starter, wye-delta modules); control elements (solenoid valve, valve, switch, etc.); process control (PLC, modules DI / AI / DO / AO, HMI)
2. Data acquisition level includes:
- RTU (remote terminal unit)
- Data transmission infrastructure
- Computers, monitors, drives, intelligent process control modules.
- Dispatch software components with the following features:
– Hierarchic access of users to the graphical interface based on user name and password;
– View graphic displays and synoptic schemes;
– Monitoring and control of remote technological processes;
– Action timetable which enables the definition and execution of some actions with a single or repetitive cycle;
– Archiving the monitored parameters on a working local station or on a server in cloud provided with back-up elements to avoid data loss;
– Configuring and transmitting the operation alarms in real time on priority levels, that can be confirmed, deleted, archived and modified;
– Generating reports automatically or on demand (use, orders, damages, etc.).