Why optimize the lighting system?
Generally, the lighting has a share of about 15-20% of total energy use, in case of industrial and commercial consumers.
The industrial and commercial LED lighting projects generate savings which insures an additional investment budget, which can be oriented towards the company’s development and the increase of its profitability.
By optimizing the lighting system, we ensure that we use the light efficiently, controlling the supply voltage, applying daylight and motion sensors, but also implementing effective and sustainable light sources, to ensure optimal bright comfort.
Description of LED lighting system proposed by Servelect:
LED equipment contains a light-emitting diode. Simpler, the “LED” is an electronic component, a semiconductor. When current passes through the diode, this will light, releasing very little heat. A LED luminaire has a very high efficiency compared to other technologies, such as halogen lamps or incandescent lamps, whose yields are significantly lower.
To meet current challenges, Servelect implements turnkey projects for the modernization of industrial and commercial lighting in order to help increase profitability and welfare of beneficiary companies (see case study).
Each lighting modernization project conducted by Servelect comprises the following steps:
- Beneficiary needs assessment (technical data acquisition, achieving energy measurements, bright-technical assessment, establishing restrictions/conditions).
- Drafting the technical and commercial offer (establishing the required luminaries, performing the bright-technical project, proposing the funding methods).
- Implementing the project (presentation of execution graphic on phases, dismantling and assembling devices, drive and control system installation, tests and samples etc.).
- Project assessment.
Benefits after Implementing the Solution:
- Reducing energy use and costs.
- Increasing employees’ productivity – the possibility of setting the light flow intensity prevents the signs of tiredness of the employees, increases the concentration and helps to ease their burden, especially in processes where attention to detail is required (e.g.: textiles industry).
- LED lighting systems allow correct distribution of light, thus ensuring the quality of works performed by employees.
- The lifespan of approx. 15-25 years - this allows the installation of sources in less accessible places (e.g. overhead of equipment/machinery/tools).
- Low maintenance costs – due to a higher lifetime, there are not required frequent maintenance operations, this having a positive impact on production processes.
- LED industrial luminaries withstand to extreme temperatures, of +/-50 Celsius degrees.
- In the food industry, and pharmaceutical, the LED luminaries have a number of advantages over older technologies: they do not contain toxic substances, are not made of materials easy breakable which could contaminate the food (such as glass) and have high efficiency even at low temperatures.
- The luminaries are compatible with most existing power supplies, thus the transition to LED lighting is easy.
- It uses approximately 30% of the energy that fluorescent lamps use to produce a certain level of light.
Applicability of LED Lighting Solution:
- Halls, factories
- Shopping malls
- Public lighting
- Perimetral lighting
- Conference rooms
Lighting modernization projects implemented by Servelect:
TMD Friction, Toyota Material Handling, Hoeganaes etc.